About Alta Plana
Seth Grimes is the author of a variety of reports, white papers, and articles, the latter for publications including TechWeb's InformationWeek, and before that, Intelligent Enterprise magazine. The following are report and articles he has written --
- Text/Content Analytics 2011: User Perspectives on Solutions and Providers, sponsored, September, 2011.
- Social Media and the Enterprise Business Intelligence/Analytics Connection, BeyeNETWORK Custom Research Report, December, 2010.
- Text Analytics 2009: User Perspectives on Solutions and Providers, sponsored by Attensity, Clarabridge, GATE, IxReveal, Nstein, SAP & Temis, 2009.
- Seeing Connections: Visualization Makes Sense of Data, published by InformationWeek Analytics, sponsored by Tableau, 2009.
- Voice of the Customer: Text Analytics for the Responsive Enterprise, sponsored by Business Objects, IBM & SPSS, 2008.
- An Ecosystem Approach to Integrated Analytics, sponsored by Teradata, release pending.
- From Text To Business Insight: All About Enterprise Text Analytics, sponsored by SAP, June, 2011.
- 12 Things the Semantics Web Should Know about Content Analytics, sponsored by Open Text, June, 2011.
- Sybase IQ Text Technologies: Technical Overview White Paper, January, 2011.
- Text Analytics in the BI Ecosystem, sponsored by Sybase, 2010.
- Frequently Asked Questions about In-Database Analytics, sponsored by Teradata, 2010.
- Nimble Intelligence: Enterprise BI Mashup Best Practices, sponsored by JackBe, 2010.
- Space-Time Research technical note (TN) series, Self-Service Business Intelligence
- Sybase IQ Analytics Server Competitive Assessment, sponsored by Sybase, 2009.
- Unified Information Access: Gain Active Intelligence from Content and Data, sponsored by Attivio, 2009.
- Delivering Real-Time BI with Complex Event Processing, sponsored by Coral8, 2009.
- Text Technologies in the Mainstream, sponsored by Text Analytics Summit 2008.
- What's Next for Text, sponsored by Text Analytics Summit 2007.
- European Text Analytics, sponsored by European Text Analytics Summit 2007.
- MySQL: Ready For Primetime Business Intelligence, published by
- Finding Value in Text Analytics, sponsored by Text Analytics Summit 2006.
- The Developing Text Mining Market, sponsored by Text Analytics Summit 2005.
- From Social Data to Business Insight, DataSift blog, October 19, 2012
- It Goes Without Saying: From Sentiment to Intent, Social Media Explorer, October 18, 2012
- Metavana Mix: Social Complexity, SparkScore Simplicity, Social Media Explorer, July 20, 2012
- LinkedIn, Please Take on Group Spammers, Social Media Today, July 20, 2012
- Never Trust Sentiment Accuracy Claims, Social Media Explorer, July 17, 2012
- DeepMR: Market Research Mines Social Sentiment, GreenBook blog, May 1, 2012
- From Mentions to Meaning: An Analytics Journey, CustomerThink, April 29, 2012
- Social Media Sentiment: Competing on Accuracy, Social Media Explorer, April 19, 2012
- Scouting the Next Frontiers for 'Unstructured' Data, AllAnalytics, April 8, 2012
- Sentiment Tool Scans Twitter To Set Super Bowl Odds, InformationWeek, January 26, 2012
- IKS Means Semantic Intelligence for Content Management, But Will it Survive?, CMSwire, June 29, 2011
- Interview Responses: Text Analytics and Sentiment Analysis, BeyeNETWORK, June 7, 2011
- Analytics in Action: Clicks and Content, sponsored article published by Open Text, May, 2011
- Text-Analytics Demand Approaches $1 Billion, InformationWeek, May 11, 2011
- Text Analytics Adoption Grows by Leaps and Bounds, BeyeNETWORK, May 9, 2011
- What I Look For In A Social Analysis Tool, InformationWeek, March 16, 2011
- Inside Job: In-database analytics improves business performance, efficiency and more., Teradata magazine, Q1, 2011
- Seven Breakthrough Sentiment Analysis Scenarios, InformationWeek, February 17, 2011
- 5 Paths To The New Data Integration, InformationWeek, January 11, 2011
- Semantics Here and Now, Bulldog Marketing Watchdog Journal, December 2010
- Five Ways To Fool A Twitter Sentiment Tool, InformationWeek, December 16, 2010
- Leading, Lagging And Lame BI And Data Warehousing Transformations, InformationWeek, November 16, 2010
- Content Management Finds Meaning, EContent, October 12, 2010.
- This is Content Intelligence, According to 4 Experts, CMSWire, October 7, 2010.
- Content strategy by the numbers, via semantics, FierceContentManagement, October 5, 2010.
Expert Analysis: Expert Analysis: A Case for Socialization of Data,
Intelligent Enterprise, July 26, 2010.
Expert Analysis: Is Sentiment Analysis an 80% Solution?,
Intelligent Enterprise, March 29, 2010.
Text Analytics Opportunities and Challenges for 2010,
Business Intelligence Network, February 8, 2010.
Breakthrough Analysis: Two + Nine Types of Semantic Search,
InformationWeek, January 21, 2010.
For Text Data Quality, Focus on Sources,
Business Intelligence Network, December 9, 2009.
Full Circle Sentiment Analysis,
Clarabridge Bridgepoints, 2009 Q4.
Text Data Quality,
Business Intelligence Network, November 17, 2009.
Half a Loaf Information Systems (on semantic-annotation accuracy),
Business Intelligence Network, July 27, 2009.
Themes and Trends for the Coming Year,
Clarabridge Bridgepoints, 2009 Q3.
Market Outlook for Text Analytics,
Business Intelligence Network, April 23, 2009.
What Manipulates Your Customers?,
Clarabridge Bridgepoints, 2009 Q1.
Perspectives on Text Analytics in 2009,
Business Intelligence Network, February 24, 2009.
For Serious Business Training, Nothing Beats Computer Games,
Intelligent Enterprise, February 23, 2009.
Open Source Text Analytics,
Business Intelligence Network, January 27, 2009.
- In-Database Analytics: A Passing Lane for Complex Analysis, Intelligent Enterprise, December 15, 2008
Understanding Customer Satisfaction,
Clarabridge Bridgepoints, 2008 Q4.
- Open Source BI Still Fighting For Its Share, Information Week, November 17, 2008
- BI at 50 Turns Back to the Future, Intelligent Enterprise, November 2, 2008
Unstructured Data and the 80 Percent Rule,
Clarabridge Bridgepoints, 2008 Q3.
Infobright Boosts Open Source Data Warehousing, Intelligent Enterprise, September 15, 2008.
Text Analytics Basics, Part 2,
Business Intelligence Network, August 26, 2008.
Text Analytics Basics, Part 1,
Business Intelligence Network, July 29, 2008.
Targeting the Enterprise,
Clarabridge Bridgepoints, 2008 Q2.
Text Analytics Accuracy: Requirements and Reality,
Business Intelligence Network, May 13, 2008.
What BI Practitioners Can Learn From Operations Research, Intelligent Enterprise, May 5, 2008.
Understanding Legal Information and E-Discovery, Business Intelligence Network, March 18, 2008.
Text Analytics as a Service Paves the Way for Wide Adoption,
Clarabridge Bridgepoints, 2008 Q1.
Q&A: IBM's Aaron Brown on Text Analytics for Legal Compliance, Intelligent Enterprise, March 3, 2008.
Sentiment Analysis: A Focus on Applications,
Business Intelligence Network, February 19, 2008.
Sentiment Analysis: Opportunities and Challenges,
Business Intelligence Network, January 22, 2008.
Financial Sector Text Analytics,
Clarabridge Bridgepoints, 2007 Q4.
Voice of the Customer Text Analytics for True 360-Degree Customer and Market Views, Business Intelligence Network, December 4, 2007.
A Brief History of Text Analytics,
Business Intelligence Network, October 30, 2007.
Consumer and Enterprise Search: Not an Exact Match,
Intelligent Enterprise magazine, June 1, 2004.
Shared Risk, Shared Rewards: homeland security and IT innovation,
Intelligent Enterprise magazine, September 1, 2003.
Business Intelligence Roundtable,
with Henry Morris (IDC), Nigel Pendse (the OLAP Report), and Philip Russom,
Intelligent Enterprise magazine, September 17, 2002.
Sense of the Census, Census 2000 overview,
Government Technology magazine, September 2001.
Intelligent Enterprise magazine, June 5, 2000: Supply Chain Analytics.
Intelligent Enterprise magazine, November 16, 1999.
Census 2000 Behind the Scenes,
Intelligent Enterprise magazine, October 26, 1999.
SuperCROSS Analytical Tabulation Engine (product review),
Data Management Review magazine, July/August 1999.
Toward Value-Added Decision Support,
Intelligent Enterprise magazine, May 11, 1999.
Object/Relational Reality Check,
Database Programming & Design magazine, July 1998;
Database Programming & Design magazine, April 1998.
(Final, edited draft, PDF.)
DBMS magazine, April 1998;
The New Face of Data Access,
Database Programming & Design magazine,
News and Analysis articles
Event Streams Gain Open Option, September 1, 2006.
Open-Source BI Projects Take Off, July 1, 2006.
Geek Fun: Event Stream Processing Entertains the Inner Nerd, June 1, 2006.
Open-Source Releases Invade the Reporting Market, June 1, 2005.
FBI Case Management System Marked for Termination, March 1, 2005.
Microsoft Aims for High Performance Computing,
July 10, 2004.
SAS Moves "Beyond BI",
April 17, 2004.
Hyperion's Significant Entry,
April 3, 2004.
IT Research Gains Advocate For Government Funding,
November 18, 2003.
Oracle Goes Grid,
October 10, 2003.
Government Equivocates on TIA (Terrorism Information Awareness),
July 18, 2003.
SAS 9.1 Business Intelligence interfaces,
June 17, 2003.
Informatica PowerAnalyzer 4,
May 31, 2003.